Looking at me or chewing a brick?
The exciting fast-paced world of science is delivering the goods again.This time, instead of boring old dentures, there’s been progress in growing new teeth using stem cells. And you don’t even need to kill a baby to get the cells either – you can harvest them from human urine.
“The team at the Guangzhou Institute of Biomedicine and Health extracted cells contained in the urine which would normally be passed from the body…They then used these to implant the teeth-like structures in mice, and said the resulting bundle of cells eventually contained “dental pulp, dentin, enamel space and enamel organ,” researchers said.”
I admit I am impressed, but I don’t envy the poor guys the task of selling the first set to customers…
“Good news. You no longer have to use dentures made of horrible plastic materials. Would you like to try this exciting new dental discovery?”
“Hmm, not sure. What’re they made of?”
“Mutant mice and piss.”
“I’m alright thanks.”

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home