Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

neglect

Sorry folks, I've really not been keeping you entertained have I?

No doubt you've spent the last week slumped glumly over your keyboard, listlessly clicking 'refresh' in vain hope of a new post, pausing only to nibble at the edges of a spicy chicken Ginsters, letting the flakes fall where they may.

But cheer up, faithful audience. I'm back.

In a quest to return to some faint shadow of fitness, I went for a run today.

Oh the shame. For although my eyes can see the expanding belly that keeps nudging for attention at the bottom of my eyeline, my brain remains convinced that I am a svelte, road-eating, running machine.

So, when I finally pull on the lycra and get out onto the streets, the effect was one of my brain playing the eager-to-win jockey and my poor body the overworked, ageing racehorse.

'Faster. Faster. Faster.' bade Brain, whipping the foaming flanks of Body.

'Neigh' said body (see what I did there?).

Body did his best. He sweated. He strived. He failed.

I think the best I can say of the experience is that I was not shot by a vet at the end.

Still, there's always tomorrow's run, right?

1 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Mads said...

Come running with me and Puglet/ta: you'll feel like an athlete again in no time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home