Movie recommendation
If you enjoy being baffled and entertained in equal measure, and have a fondness for the musical stylings of Duran Duran, but not so much you don't mind constant interruptions in their songs, then I highly recommend Arena (an absurd notion).It is, according to Wikipedia, "a concept concert video"
In other words, it's what happens when you give a hugely successful pop band and art school graduates too much money and freedom.
"The film's villain, the evil Dr. Durand Durand (played by Milo O'Shea, reprising his role from Barbarella) has crash landed on Earth and is surprised and confused to find teenagers chanting his name. When he discovers that they are not chanting for him, but for an upstart pop group, he sets up shop beneath the concert arena and attempts to wreak havoc on the band that stole his name. Of course, he and his henchmen fail at every turn and Duran Duran continue to perform, seemingly unaware of the evil doctor's plans"
Why was I not told about this before?
*update* ok, fifteen minutes in and I have my answer - because it's rubbish, that's why.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home