damp update
Good news, or not, I'm not really sure.It's not damp. It's a leak!
So yes, my back wall is, apparently 98% water which is more water than the human body is made of. But more importantly, it's an insurance claim.
Hurrah!
If only I had insurance.
But fear not, Peter's flat finance fans (ok, I doubt there are many of them) it's an upstairs leak. So it's probably their fault.
Either way, I have some buildings insurance. I think. Or not.
Fuck it, who cares. At least it's not rising damp eh? I just couldn't have handled the Miss Jones jokes.

1 Comments:
Repairs to damage arising from the escape of water are generally covered under the buildings insurance, which your freeholder is obliged to hold. The policy excess is the only charge for which the lessees should be liable, unless there is an element of betterment during reinstatement.
I typically get around 150 leaks a year and they all tend to follow the same, rather depressing path.
Post a Comment
<< Home