Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

The return

Due to a tsunami of popular demand (3 people, and only one of them a parent of mine, no less), I have returned.

And I come bearing good news. I have made an exciting new purchase.

That's right, there I was, visiting the Erotica Exhibition at Olympia when I saw something I just couldn't resist.

I'll give you a clue. It's quite long. And black.

Need another? OK. It's something you wear.

Still guessing? Alright, I'll put you out of your misery.

I got a top hat!

Yes, I am now the proud owner of Sir Reginald Hattington-Smythe (for such is his name), a beautiful top hat.

Well sort of. Because my first action on acquiring this millinery marvel was to immediately leave it on the train.

But fear not, hat fans (to be read in the voice of Roland Rat), Sir Reginald has fetched up at lost property and I have despatched an agent to recover him.

Which is lucky, because without him I will be unable to carry out my plan to wander through Halifax town centre, behatted and smoking a cigar, demanding that the locals doff their caps as I pass and declaring 'Ee, where there's muck, there's brass, I tell thee'.

I know. I do expect a beating. But still, fun eh?



My inspiration

4 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger butterfly* said...

Dapper chapper. Or Dap Chap. Whichever sound more convincing.

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Mrs Terror said...

Oooh, did you see Dita Von Teese at the exhibition? I heard she was performing there this year?


WV - Foria, as in 'I got this foria, I hope you like it?'

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Pellet said...

Top Hat! Inspired. All you need now is a) spats, b) silver topped cane/swordstick and c) a monocle plus the ability to pop said monocle into your glass of paupers' tears, whilst exclaiming 'By Jove!' at the sight of a washerwoman's well turned ankle.

P.s. Bender is an inspiration to us all.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger butterfly* said...

Ms. Von Teese wasn't as good as expected, sadly. But the other performers exceeded expectations (and often Dita!) making it all rather enjoyable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home