Life in The Bubble
Had a super weekend back in Croydon, featuring, among other delights, a trip to see Mark Ronson in concert.Yes, I am on record as being no fan of live music. But I think you'll find I am also on record of being very much a fan of Free Things.
So when an invite to the gig came along, who was I to say no?
And boy am I glad I did, for on arrival, I was furnished with a green wristband that transported me to another, magical, beautiful world.
Beyond the VIP's-only velvet rope lay free booze provided by the sponsor, for whom I am happy to shamelessly shill in gratitude - Russian Standard vodka (thank you Russian Standard).
I know what you're thinking. "But Peter, what is the point of free booze at a free concert if you have to walk all the way across the room to the bar and all the way back, using your own legs?"
Fear not, the drinks were being distributed on trays by waitresses, so no such effort was required.
I know what you're thinking. "But Peter, what is the point of free booze being brought to you at a free concert if you have to look at potentially average looking waitresses?"
Sorry, did I say 'waitresses'? I didn't mean to alarm you. Of course, I meant 'six foot tall fashion models'.
For a few sweet, sweet hours I experienced life in The Bubble.
And then I came back to Halifax.
:(
PS drink Russian Standard Vodka.

4 Comments:
Ahh, what a lovely dream that must have been. Were you led to the concert by a white rabbit?
Off with his head!
WV: Jackbo.
Hot-diggity-damnation! I knew I should have gone.
Unfortunately, mixing it with the hoi-polloi and drinking litre after litre of free Vodka (well done Russian Standard) would have done my chances of finishing the half-marathon on Sunday morning no favours whatsoever. Glad you found your place in the bubble - even if it was short lived.
It's like your birthday came late.
Post a Comment
<< Home