Quotes of the day
I was on the tube today, when I noticed one of those posters they put up from time to time to entertain commuters and cover up the fact they're not selling ad space.The theme of this one was (presumably one of many) inspiring quotes from famous people.
In this case, the famous person in question was Mahatma Ghandi.
And the quote?
"There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Thanks Transport for London, but isn't that just a tiny bit self-serving?
Also, overheard outside whilst I was in the toilets in the bar I was in last night, a woman shrieking at her weeping friend "You shouldn't be talking to him. You're eighteen and he's thirty two. He's old enough to be your father."
I've never seen all the blokes talk to each other spontaneously in a toilet before, but once we'd all taken a second to do the maths, we were all in accord.
No love, he really isn't.
I can't imagine the sound of all of us laughing helped her case much.
And finally, on the way home as we reached the cab rank, a bloke came up to us and the conversation went like this...
Him: "Are you from London?"
Us: "Yes."
Him: "Do you want to come with me to Kentish Town for a cocaine party..."
Us: *blinks*
Him: "with celebrities..."
Us: *blinks twice*
Him: "But if you're journalists, YOU CAN FUCK OFF!"
Us: *get into cab*
Now I don't really know what a cocaine party is or why you have to be from London to get invited, but it was nice of him to offer.
Of course, this morning the front page of the Daily Star featured Ricky Hatton snorting coke off a table.
Two Roasts Ryan pointed it out and said, "You don't think that was last night do you?" before adding, "ah no, it can't be. Ricky Hatton's not from London."

1 Comments:
I think you may have been unduly harsh on the lady in the bar Mr The Great. After all, I think you'll find that a great number of 14 year old boys are both able and willing to impregnate a woman.
They do it all the time in Wales.
Post a Comment
<< Home