It's the taking part
So the accomodation for the Commonwealth games isn't quite up to snuff eh?I'll admit I'm finding it difficult to sympathise. These are, after all, suppposed to be the finest physical specimens of our modern world. They are, to all intents and purposes, civil society's version of the warrior.
And as such, I find it rather depressing that they're put off their running and jumping by the prospect of living with a leaky roof. Backpackers endure far worse every single day with few ill effects, aside from a propensity to bore the tits off everyone with their stories of the 'real' India when they get home and start work in an investment bank.
What if our ancient forbears had been such pansies...
"THIS IS SPART... oh dear me. Oh no, that won't do at all. Have you seen the state of that battlefield? I'm sorry, that's totally unfit for human slaughter that is. I wouldn't send a pig to do battle in that mess. No, It really isn't good enough, we're going home."
Sort it out athletes.

2 Comments:
True. Including the bit about 'backpackers'. Although when we go on holiday together, we do have a propensity to whinge about the air-con being a trifle loud, or the shower not being engineered by Germans. Not the best vantage point from which to cast scorn on 'picky' athletes (and by 'picky' I mean 'not willing to sleep in a mosquito infested dump on the highly dangerous outskirts of Stinkville')
We are not pretending, though, to be anything other than a bunch of middle-class wusses. I'll cheerfully dodge even a short training run if I think I haven't had enough sleep the night before.
And another thing - who are you calling mosquito-infested?
Post a Comment
<< Home