Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, September 06, 2010

Cheeky snaps

You may have read in the papers that the tax office has discovered 4 million people have underpaid their tax and now, suddently and without warning, owe possibly thousands of pounds.

Good job these aren't tough economic times for people then eh?

Meanwhile, in a small act of rebellion, I myself forgot to pay my tax for about a month, due to various complex reasons as fluctuating tax codes, the reminder going to an old address, and my not being arsed.

Fortunately for me, it turns out that if you don't pay the tax people, they really don't mind. Because they stick a bunch of interest on the amount you owe them, so they are still doing just fine, thank you very much.

And wouldn't you know it, the rate of interest they charge is really, really high.

So I have decided to massively overpay my tax next time, because that way, the extra money will earn a much higher rate of interest than if it was just in some crappy bank account.

Right?

In other news, I used to think I was a keen photographer. But today I discoverd that, thanks to my not locking my touchscreen phone before putting it in my pocket from time to time, over the last month my right buttock has taken more photos than I have.

And they're better than most of mine too.

2 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Pellet said...

Hey - you never know, you might get a rebate. Ha, Ha.
This new HMRC tax computer system is being trumpeted as discovering these errors as it 'went through & checked' what had happened in previous years. What is it - SkyNet? Computers don't make a decision to go through & check stuff. I hate it when people treat me as if I read a Red Top & drive a white van...

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shudder to think of the fine the FSA would levy on a financial services firm that f*cked up to this extent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home