Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Sometimes this stuff just writes itself

Exchange between me and another woman on the sort of but sort of not dating website I am on...

Her: "Like the profile - and I am certainly not looking for a nice guy although a pompous overbearing control freak might be a bit much! I am guessing you were exaggerating a bit....

I am actually a scientist by trade so you never know we might confuse each other just the right amount - you with your ridculous pomposity and me with my quantum mechanics."

Me: "That is an excellent subject line. (it was. It said 'right then' which I rather liked. Ed.).

For the record, I do not consider myself a pompous overbearing control freak, but it is indeed what someone on here called me (as a result of one of my journal entries, as I recall).

What is it they say about quantum mechanics? If you understand it, then you haven't really understood it. Or something.

What flavour scientist are you? Do you drip cosmetics into bunnies' eyes?"

Me again: "ah, just read the profile, chemistry and physics right?

Sorry, should have done that before writing."

Her: "You already seem quite annoying and up your own arse just from the language you use!

Oh dear. Later"

Me: "Wow. Good job i didn't go with my first instinct and reply with a sonnet in elizabethan courtly verse then eh? "

End

So thank you, kind woman - you totally saved me the effort of thinking up a new blog post.

Later.

8 Comments:

At 4:01 AM, Blogger Anna Williams said...

This rocked my 5am end-of-night shift. I'm off to sleep easy knowing there are people like her in the world. Thanks.

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Barry said...

Nonsense. She's just afraid of her feelings for you.

Dr Terror prescribes a night at the dogs and a black eye.

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Mrs Terror said...

I disagree with Dr Terror (which will no doubt go very badly for me later)she just sounds mean... and possibly schizophrenic.

Steer well clear is my advice.

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Mads said...

I am surprised that our Mandarin Friend wasn't the first to point out that the phrasing of the opening sentence suggests that you have exciting news to impart, Ms The Great.

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Mrs Terror said...

Ms The Great? Has Mr The Great had a sex change? I knew he'd go funny if he lived up north for too long.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Pellet said...

Upon re-reading this post, the ever observant Mads has rightly picked up on the phrase "between me and another woman blah blah dating site blah."
Are you masquerading as a woman on this dating/'introductions'/NSF site?
And by the way, the lady in question does nothing to improve upon the already poor public perception of scientists. Bet she had crap hair and was no fun too...

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Mrs Terror said...

Well, is it masquerade or sex change? Enquiring minds need to know!

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Mads said...

Yeah. What Pellet said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home