And contract
I got my mid year review today, which was a bit odd in general as I am a contractor and 'review' generally consists of 'we're extending your contract' or 'are you still here?'Anyway, the bulk of it consisted of feedback from the lucky souls I work with. And rather impressively, they came back with two pages of feedback.
The result? Turns out my core skill is 'easy to get on with'. On the other hand, areas for development include 'planning' 'project management' and 'doing my job'.
Sounds about right.

9 Comments:
Tell those lousy bums "More work, less feedback"
Some years ago, a formal review described me as “a sub-psychopath with an agenda, who views casual violence as an acceptable adjunct to the learning process”.
Just the sort of prolix nonsense that one expected to hear in Labour’s brave new world of higher education (accurately summarised as opening the doors to let all the rubbish blow in), which I went on to ignore completely. The c*nts.
w.v. "drepht"... stuff my Mum used to wash woollies in, before her bladder fell out.
You can't win with these people. My '360° feedback' and the like always comes back with people saying how good they think most of my work is but how they find me rather cold and unfriendly. There's always stuff about 'could make more of an effort to engage with the people around him' and 'concentrate more on building internal as well as external networks'.
As Dr T says, 'the c*nts'.
Best feedback I ever got was the woman who rejected me from St Hilda's college- I made such an impression in the interview that she felt moved to write to my headmaster and explain that she was rejecting me as she felt 'my strong personality would make me unteachable in a tutorial situation'.
Dr Terror and I were looking at some of his old school reports at the weekend. There was mention of his tendency towared anxiety and to 'focus too much on details' but my favourite phrase was in his final A'level report where his Physics teacher commented on his'...justifiable if not quiet confidence...'
WV = Whedipl. Old English spelling of Oedipal.
The depth of my regret at letting Mrs Terror look through my school reports cannot be expressed in words.
Mads... your feedback from St Hilda’s is genuinely shocking; if that’s the calibre of the typical tutor, it’s no wonder they’ve spent so many years languishing at the bottom of the Norrington Table.
Barry, the feedback was not that of a typical tutor, just the head of the language school.. As you say, it explains a lot.
WV: bumdec.
As a former tutor at St Hilda's, I couldn't possibly comment, about calibre or anything else.
I recall that it was my insistence on havig the last word that annoyed her the most.
Post a Comment
<< Home