Happy International Day Against Homophobia
"Ahoy there, poofter", I cried, preparing myself to deliver a swift and well deserved beating to the chap I had spotted flagrantly flouting God's law by walking hand in hand with another fellow of the male persuasion, "I'm going to jolly well knock your block off."They ran off, but I chased the slowest of the sinning scoundrels down and shoved him to the floor.
I drew a steel-capped boot back to adminster the Lord's vengeance, but at that moment, the gentleman cried out, "Don't you realise, it's International Day Against Homophobia. Also known,rather cleverly, as IDAHO?"
"Oh really?" I replied, "I hadn't realised." Abashed by my error, I apologised to my near victim, assisted him to his feet and wished him a very merry Idaho.
"I do apologise," I offered, adding, "But might I inquire, will you happen to be passing this way tomorrow?"
"I don't think so," he replied, "I don't want to get my face smashed in by a homophobe, even on an International OK to Whack Alternativelifestyles day. Or IOWA."
How we laughed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home