Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So that's what Facebook is for... episode 2

On Saturday afternoon, I nipped into William Hill to place a selection of carefully thought out bets for the Grand National.

In common with many professional gamblers, this involves a carefully concieved system which I'd normally keep a tight secret, but we're all friends here. So I'll tell you, it goes:

1. Look at first horse on list. Go to 2.
2. Does the horse have a cool name? If yes, go to 3.
3. Does the jockey have a nice-looking jumper? If yes, go to 4.
4. Bet on horse. Go to 5.
5. Look at next horse, go to 2.

At the end of which, I had a fine selection of potential winners, which I'm pleased to announce performed the best of any of my Grand National selections so far.

OK, I'll admit that none of them actually won. And it's also true that none of them actually finished the race either. But nobody got shot. So that's progress, right?

Anyway, whilst at the pub, waiting for the race to start, betting slip clutched in my sweaty palm, a woman waved at me from across the room.

I recognised her immediately. She was one of my facebook friends about whom I have, from time to time, wondered 'who are you'?

So I ended up joining her and her friends for the race (eventually remembering that she had been in the audience of a gig I'd done in Da Fax) and had a bloody super time.

So, thank you Facebook, you actually helped, for once.

4 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger butterfly* said...

Youuuuuuuuuu bastard. You blog, and then leave me hanging? Hurrumph! I'll never visit da Fax again!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

1, 2, 3, 3, 5.

Spot the trick list.

DWUNK AGAIN?

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Peter The Great said...

D'oh.

What a shame. And I've always taken such pride in my attention to detal.

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, as you said before, you were always a lazy blogger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home