You can Keep it
Saw Michael Mann's The Keep last night.Overall, I suggest you'd enjoy it if you are the kind of person who enjoys:
slow motion
smoke
light
light and smoke
80s synth
Not having the faintest idea what is going on
More smoke
Otherwise, I'd give it a miss if I were you.

3 Comments:
Dear Mr The Great, may I proffer a suggestion? Instead of this smoky art-house celluloid lunacy, you should spend a couple of hours of your life watching Les Valseuses, the synopsis of which reads thus;
Les Valseuses (1974)
Joyously amoral ruffians Gerard Depardieu and Patrick Dewaere show caring by sharing as they thieve and molest their way across France. Bertrand Bliers' reprehensible, dark, fantastically enjoyable two fingers to good behaviour features panty-sniffing, car-jacking, a gruesome gynaecological suicide, breast-milk ingestion and some of the most outrageous loon pants this side of 'Abba: The Movie'. Comic capers rub against an overarching misanthropy that renders men rutting animals and women hollow-eyed meat puppets in an endless dance of pursuit and supplication.
Sounds like perfect viewing for any right-thinking individual.
In fact, this is the film upon which Dr Terror and I are basing this year's summer vacation.
Ever helpful, Dr T is putting much thought into possible methods of gynaecological suicide and plans to issue me with several illustrated suggestions as to how I might go about it as a thrilling dénouement to the trip.
Happy viewing!
Great quote from the author of the book:
Wilson has expressed his distaste for the film version publicly, writing that it is, "Visually intriguing, but otherwise utterly incomprehensible."
Michael Mann's classic 80's horror "The Keep"? Where they take Betwys y Coed in Wales & make it look like a sinister Romanian village overrun by Nazis? Soundtrack by Tangerine Dream? Ian McKellen? Not available on DVD and last available on Laserdisc? You lucky thing. Did I give you a copy then or did you find it yourself?
Post a Comment
<< Home