Jiggidy jig
I am returning to Sarf London for the weekend to recharge my batteries and remember what it is like to be around other people over the age of 12 in a social setting.Like Country Mouse, I am excited and nervous in equal measures, partly because I'll be seeing my close personal friend and top comedian Dave Hill. Although I've been informed the show has sold out, I'm confident our long and fruitful friendship (we have met twice) will mean he'll hook me up with an 'access all areas' pass.
Of course, the gig being the Hen and Chickens in Islington, 'all area's means the stage, the bit where the audience sits and the pub downstairs. But still, it's the principle.
I will also try to check out the Blade of Light (aka altitude 25), the resplendant edifice in which I yearn to purchase a flat, despite the best efforts of the Estate Agents not to sell it to me (3 phone calls, none returned - housing market so bouyant you don't really have to try, is it?).
So, if you're around, drop me a line and we can have coffee. Or sex, depending on who you are (eg Mandarin Orange - coffee only. ChildBride - your choice. Mads - Alex's choice but I'm guessing coffee.)

8 Comments:
I think you've just made a clumsy pass at someone young enough to be your daughter within the same set of parentheses as a remark aimed at me. I feel sullied and used. And not in a good way.
As it happens I'm a bit tied up this w/e - but will see you next week at the great BPT unveiling presumably?
Today's word verification, by the way, is 'proto' - which I thought had been more or less eclipsed in modern parlance by the ubiquitous 'beta'.
Or the week after even.
I thought that days of wifely chattel-dom were over? Apparently all that time in the Frozen Wastelands of the North has turned your attitudes towards gender stereotypes back a few hundred years. Pah. (And no, I don't feel obscurely flattered. Ahem.)
PS Yes, M. Mandarin, the grand unveiling is indeed weekend after this one- thank God, It means that there is a fighting chance that we might be living in it by then... Is Mme Mandarin accompanying you to BPT? Hope so.
I feel sullied and used. In a good way.
Ah Mads, fear not, for the comment was purely in the cause of humour.
Of course you can choose to have sex with me. Although Alex does get a veto.
That's a mates thing, not anti-feminism.
@butterfly - do I take it you were also a bit tied up this w/e then? Or am I gettign confused with Dr T and 'BAnon'? I find it all a bit confusing.
And I don't even have an amusing word verification today. I mean, 'raloill', wtf is that?
Alas, I was tied up but not in the Dr BAn-on-Terror sense. I think that may have to wait for next time.
My word verification is 'ready'. Chew on that.
Post a Comment
<< Home