Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cruising for action

Have any of you seen those adverts for Royal Caribbean Cruises?

The one where they say, "imagine a place where you can do what you want?" and liken their ships to a floating nation where freedom rules?

Well is it just me, or do any of you get the feeling what they're trying to say is "Hey, we're in international waters, you can do anything. Rape a dolphin, hunt down and kill a human being or teach Kansas schoolkids about evolution - nobody's going to touch you."?

Right. Just me then.

5 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Mads said...

Hmm,now that thought inspires me. How about a system where builders have to spend 24 hours of forced labour on choppy seas for every day that an un-met deadline passes on a build?
Housewarming definitely still on for Sat (we'll certainly be drinking heravily by then and company will give us good cover) but don't expect BPT to have any furniture in it.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Pellet said...

Yes - I look at the advert & think "You are depicting a series of things I don't like doing". Now if they depicted a group of friends with a big bag of beers, dancing around on the deck pretending to be pirates & shouting 'Heave-to Croatia and prepare to be boarded' - I would be more than happy to shell out for their so-called cruise. Providing Commodore Beardogov were at the helm.

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Mads said...

Pellet, I agree. Not only do the adverts depict activities I dislike, but they depict people I despise udertaking those activities. In all, to be avoided, I feel.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Lol! Although I'm not sure why people would want to do those sorts of things, I get your point. I guess that a vacation can mean an escape in more ways than one.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'll find it's the dolphins who do the raping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home