Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Birthday bonanza

Quite so Mads, I trust Mr Pug enjoyed his birthday, although for the record, I wished him a fine day long before I could log in and see your reminder - so kudos due, I believe.

In turn, I'm sure you remembered that Flatmate Dean shares the happy day, as does Mr P Beardog.

In other news, I have a cab coming to get me at 5am tomorrow to take me to the airport for a trip to Edinburgh for work.

I may be the only person in the area older than school age praying for more snow.

Quote of The Day: From the tout/barker outside Halifax's premier (only) strip club...

"Do you want to come in lads. No charge for entry. There are no girls in though."

Apparently the girls would 'coming later'. So that's free entry for, um, expensive drinks in an empty room.

Appealing.

5 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Busty Anon said...

Ah Mr The Great, you and your strip club...

Dr Terror and I are into far more wholesome pursuits (when I can tear him away - literally - from his Snowman LP). Rather than sitting in a strip club not watching women strip, we much prefer a nice evening at home with copious alcohol consumption and a bit of erotic asphyxiation… Dr Terror says that blue suits me.

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Pellet said...

Is this strip club on a major thoroughfare, so can't be avoided on even the most inconsequential of journeys. Or do you just gravitate towards strippers? Eitherway, overpriced drinks and a lack of northern scrubbers can't be much of a draw.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Peter The Great said...

Pellet, there is but one road in Halifax, so yes, it cannot be avoided. It was on the way to the restaurant we had chosen to go to.

And by chosen, I mean the restaurant that was still open after 8.30.

You still don't get it do you?

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Busty Anon said...

People move, talk and think slower; shops and restaurants close; the night sky is actually dark... yes, you definitely know when you're out of London.

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Su said...

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=151649516

 

Post a Comment

<< Home