Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, November 09, 2009

What's the secret of great comedy?

I applied to enter the Laughing Horse new act of the year competition today.

Not that I think I'd win, you understand, but a gig is a gig and one of the regional heats is in Halifax, believe it or not.

So imagine my disappointment when I learned that the Halifax heat was full already, as I'd foolishly left it a couple of weeks to apply.

Instead, I have been offered... London, Edinburgh, Bristol or Brighton.

So, er, a minimum four hour trip each way then.

I will not be entering this year's Laughing Horse competition.

Good luck, Norm and Jo. Knock 'em dead and blog all about it.

4 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Nerd Evolved said...

Show up on the day mate - you just know someone will fail to turn up and you can nip in. It's not the same without you, or you, or even you...

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Pellet said...

Does that mean that there is a flourishing comedy scene in Halifax that you haven't yet discovered? Or is it just the only place the organisers had heard of in 'the North'?

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Busty Anon said...

In my view, the secret of great comedy, Mr The Great, is to blog more often so all your friends have something to smile at on a damp Tuesday afternoon when we're meant to be working... or am I the only one feeling very distracted at the moment??

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Barry said...

Aha. Preston tonight, then, Mr The Great?

The chap who played R2D2 in Star Wars lives in those parts. The shiny, dome-headed dwarf bastard. Does anyone else have the urge to stack midgets up to save space?

Meanwhile, physio today took a sinister twist with the appearance of a lady on work experience. With my best sexual maniac’s leer, I gurned, “ I’ve got a terrible stiffness in my groin. Can nurse rub it better?” They blanched, and I reeled out into the corridor cackling like a hyena.

The person who gave me this idea shall remain Anonymous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home