Vocabulation
I was chatting with BAnon last night and we concluded that what the world needs most is not a number of barely known celebrities grubbing bothering innocent insects and maggots in the jungle, but a new word.Specifically, a word is needed for people our age to use to describe someone that a younger person would call a boyfriend (or girlfriend, obviously).
I mean, 'partner' is a good word, but it implies a level of committment it takes a while to reach. 'Friend' is just a bit too step-parenty ('Come along little Johnny and say hello to David, my, er, friend'). Shagbuddy is just wrong.
So come on folks, put your thinking caps on and come up with a word.

17 Comments:
Meat puppet?
Oh no, that's two words. Silly me.
This comment has been removed by the author.
This comment has been removed by the author.
My mate Andy used to refer to his "Doris", as in "How long have you been with your Doris now mate?".
Of course, meat puppet has pretty much the same connotations.
I have written about our experiences from Friday on my blog Peter so do pass it along to all the Frenchers in Halifax.
Of course, I prefer to refer to the lovely Dr Terror as my 'sweet torturer' - but that's more factual than affectionate...
The term you're looking for is 'shag buddy'.
'Shag buddy' as a term doesn't sufficiently cover all such relationships when they start out. As I mentioned, to me Dr Terror is not exactly what one would call a 'buddy', having carried out on me a sickening program of ever more depraved acts that tend to culminate in my being impaled...
The pleasure (mine), the pain (hers), the muffins (the corner shop)...
I tend to use "lady friend", even when the "lady" in question has often had a fellatio technique akin to a dog eating chips from the pavement.
How about "Mi Amor", for a Spanish twist, or just "life hostage"?
SB is definitely not the right term: it refers, I think, to the developed stage of a relationship that has evolved from a beginning of excited and hopeful dates to a fairly early realisation that it isn't going anywhere, but that (ir)regular sex on demand isn't such a bad thing. The resulting (often unspoken) arrangement can remain in place for years..
And then you marry them, ha ha ha ha. (And live happily ever after, of course.)
PeGo, can I suggest that you avoid nouns altogether, what's wrong with 'seeing' or 'dating'?
Or fisting, for that matter?
Ah yes, pleasure, pain and muffins... happy days.
How about 'paramour'?
Although I like the idea of 'life hostage' too.
Never mind a new word for 'girlfriend'. You've invented a whole new category of degree: the BAnon. Ideal in these days of expanded access to higher education.
You could well be right Mandarin. After all, Dr Terror has on many occasions said that he would 'teach me a lesson' and he is certainly true to his word.
"Me Julie". Thank you Shaggy.
I promised that I would teach Ms Anonymous everything. Late at night, as she watches me on all fours and makes me kiss the floor, I see already that, perhaps, I am become the pupil. When we’re done with each other, we’ll both need expensive help.
Cup of tea, anyone?!
How about introducing a partner as, “This is Suzi (or whomever). She’s auditioning for the main role.”
'Consort' covers a multitude of sins and leaves things nicely ambiguous I feel... although it may not appeal to all, and indeed may cause some to choke with embarrassment...
Or 'receiver of my tainted affections'...
Post a Comment
<< Home