gong
Thanks for all your good wishes for the gong show last night.Unfortunately, I fell at the first hurdle.
No, I didn’t get gonged off on my opening line ‘hello, I’m Peter and I’m from the South’.
In fact, I didn’t get there at all.
That’s right, I managed to miss the 6.24 train to Preston. No problem, you might think, but the next train was a full hour later.
Still no problem, you might think. But the journey was 1 hour.
So what? You might think. But the last direct train home was at 8.54pm.
Allowing for a 10 minute walk to the club at the other end, that gave me a maximum of 10 minutes to get in, get on stage and get gonged off.
So I went home, drank beer and played video games instead.
Stupid Halifax.

9 Comments:
I feel cheated, and empty. You've let us all down, and the school.
If you want to feel really bad about your own abilities, have a gander at Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers.
The man is so talented, on so many fronts, that it just makes me want to sh*t.
He's not even a wife beater or an alcoholic.
Dear Barrington, before you rush off to the latrines I think it's worth mentioning that one review of SMatSCR (while, admittedly, glowing in all other aspects) did mention that Martin has only 'average vocal ability' and lets not forget that he has also inflicted on the world an eye-wateringly bad turn as Inspector Clouseau.
If only, rather than going ahead with the Pink Panther project, he had instead got drunk and blacked his wife's eye the world would be a happier place. You mark my words.
I'm sorry you missed out on the comedy evening yesterday Mr The Great - there will be others and I know you'll be marvellous x
So the secret of great comedy really IS timing then ...
I've just read a shocking article about Enid Blyton, whose books formed the backbone of my youth. Naked tennis... lesbian affair with the nanny... terrible mother... My whole rosy-cheeked, wholesome, ginger beer swilling childhood has now been called into serious question.
Now, to avoid being stained by such depraved and iniquitous lechery, I shall be foregoing the annual re-reads of my Mallory Towers books and will be concentrating instead on my Marquis de Sade collection.
Never realised you hated gongshows. I always loved being gonged off at the first opportunity by beered up morons with no taste and less sense. Oh wait, that's my target audience...
I saw a he/she/lady maybe based on jewellery on the tube yesterday who looked like a cross between you and Susan Boyle. It was terrifying, especially if there's the chance Halifax has changed you that much. By the power of greyskull, Halitransformation!
Don't you own a motorbike?
Yes, Norman, I do. Unfortunately it was 'down south' at the time, and consequently not a lot of help.
Ey up, is thou goin' t' pu' new blogs up?
Post a Comment
<< Home