Do Halifaxers dream of electric wool mills?
Thoughts on Da Fax.1. Halifax is like Blade Runner without the neon. Gloom, darkness and the rain. The endless rain.
2. Dean and I would rather wander the streets of London, homeless, than live in a nice 2 bedroom flat in Halifax. Draw your own conclusions from that.
3. On the plus side, I have found a hairdresser who has such modern hair styling accoutrements as a sink. Although in fairness he did also charge more than the last £3 I paid for a haircut.
4. Halifax now has a cinema. Albeit a small one we constructed in a fellow consultant's flat by rearranging the sofas into rows, setting up the laptop and projector, buying popcorn and choc-ices and downloading the Pearl & Dean theme tune to run before the show. Currently, The Rysterplex (for such is its name) only shows movies featuring giant animals though. Although I think that might be a good thing.
5. Gila Golan, the actress who plays the 'love interest' in this week's top rates movies showing at The Rysterplex, The Valley of Gawngi, is flippin' lovely.
That is all. Carry on.

3 Comments:
Gila Golan sounded wonderful on wiki (and is quite the looker - I'd consider adding younger her to my homework) up until I got to the final few words: "...and now runs an investment business." HOW DULL. Gila, we could have BEEN something. Woe.
Ah, youthful idealism. If I had the time I'd take it as a personal challenge to crush that out of you. But I needn't worry; life will do the job much better than I could and it has all the time in the world.
Youthful? I'm immortal. I don't even REMEMBER when I was your age!
Post a Comment
<< Home