coat of armless
I was at the theatre in Halifax the other day (Skellig, since you ask, and it was quite good. Certainly the first time I've been to the theatre in ages. And as a matter of fact, Halifax allegedly has a theatre district. I know, I'd have preferred a cinema district too, but you can't have everything).Obviously, with a large population of highly cultured individuals, there was a lot of interest in the play and we were worried we woudln't have been able to get tickets just by showing up.
We rushed over to the venue, only to go into the auditorium and see there were about 50 people scattered around the room, leaving us only 350 or so seats to choose from.
And when it came to applause at the end, it sounded a bit hollow. It was all rather sad and I felt sorry for the performers, but at least they weren't in Liquid I suppose.
More entertaining was the Halifax coat of arms which featured above the stage. In the middle of the arms was the face of a bearded man, presumably intended to be Mr Jesus H Christ esq.
Unfortunately, in an act of extraordinary prescience, the artist managed to craft an uncanny resemblance to Chuck Norris. It was brilliant.
In Chuck we trust.
In other news, I have a gig in Preston on Wednesday, about which I am, as we like to say in the trade, bricking it. It's a gong show (which I hate) and is an hour and a half travel from my long hours workplace, so all in all it's going to be a bit of a chore.
But this is a test. Do I have the wherewithal to maintain some kind of comedy performing hand in, or not?
Watch this space.
Oh, and don't worry, I will not be doing 'e-buy gum'.
In other other news, ChildBride started work today like a proper grown up. Good luck ChildBride and welcome to the world of pointless tedium and myopia that is the workplace.
Seriously though, you'll enjoy it.
Well, the money, you'll enjoy the money.

5 Comments:
THINK OF THE MONEY.
I am highly disappointed that I didn't have the opportunity to walk around with a piece of paper as per your advice. Woe. Instead I just stared at the screen and frowned slightly.
If I weren't working, and if you were doing e-buy gum, I'd totally come and support you in Preston. I knew someone from there once. I think I broke his heart, but then he pretended not to know me when I saw him in town two years later. Or he actually didn't know me.
Also, I will get around to aforementioned divulging of my psyche any moment now.
Kick some butt dude. Will be thinking of you.
ChildBride, don't listen to the patronising person from HR who tells you that there is no such thing as a stupid question. There is. If, however, you can't work it out by the application of a)intranet b)internet c) 5 minutes thinking about it or d) quietly watching other people, then it isn't a stupid question.
Enjoy! After about 8 years you might even start to like it.
PeGo, good luck in Preston.
PS PeGo, you are clearly settling in well if you now think think of a trip to London as equivalent to trekking to Bristol. Not sure if that is something to celebrate though.
To quote Irvine Welsh "If you liked school, you'll love work"
Post a Comment
<< Home