Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

Who are you? Really?

It's National Identity Fraud Prevention Week this week (oh the splendid and exciting things you learn when working for a bank).

If you wish to participate in any of the fun and fascinating activities taking place over the week, simply register your details by sending an email with your full name, national insurance number, date of birth and mother's maiden name to probablynotanigerian@hotmail.com.

Ta.

7 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Barry said...

The key, of course, is to avoid society completely, possibly by taking to the hills with an M16, some Gatorade and a manifesto to re-build civilisation to your own design. I’m guessing that Theodore Kaczynski didn’t have his credit card double-swiped in a restaurant.

Tell us more about the Ann Summers bag. Was there strap-on fun, or was it the usual lame, vanilla selection of gaudy vibrators and cheap crotchless uPVC panties? We, the public, need to know.

Later.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Nerd Evolved said...

I suggest you read The Road by Cormac McCarthy. If that doesn't turn you into a survivalist, nothing will.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Nerd Evolved said...

Actually, you're spreading a fairly common misconception about Nigerian fraudsters. This is how it really works - they offer you a large cut of a phenomenal amount of money. The only catch is that to release the money, they need a 'small' amount of money to grease some palms. 'They' will put up half the money and you will put up the other half. You put up your share of the money, which then promptly disappears. Having represented a few of these chaps in the past, I've often wondered about the motivation of people who get sucked in. Simple greed doesn't account for it. I think it's a belief that the whole system is corrupt and that if you could only get an 'in', then you would be rolling in it. I once represented a client who was half-delusional himself. I could not explain to him that if what he believed was true, then the world would be experiencing the kind of hyper-inflation that would make Weimar Germany look like a model of fiscal stability. These are the kinds of people who believe that giant lizards are in cahoots with the Royal Family in ruling the world.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Nerd Evolved said...

If you want a longer explanation of how these scams work, it'll cost you a beer.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Peter The Great said...

Don't worry Norm, I'm well aware of how the scams work.

In other news, I've won the Spanish lottery!

Amazing. I hadn't even bought a ticket.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger butterfly* said...

Weimar Germany? Psh. We all know the best inflation happens in Zimbabwe (or Hungary in '46, but Zim's where it's AT!)

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Nerd Evolved said...

It's an age thing, love. i.e. I'm showing my age...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home