Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

Halifacts

1. Halifax is a very pretty town with lots of lovely buildings, but strangely empty. Apparently, when Morrisey sang 'every day is like Sunday', he had Halifax in mind.

2. The whole region consists entirely of building society towns. Leeds, Halifax, Skipton, Bradford, Bingley. They're all here.

3. Maybe item 2. above explains all the nice buildings. Hmmm, have to think about that one.

4. Northerners are as friendly as people say. On the train to Newcastle I sat opposite two women who proceeded to chat away and show me all the things they'd bought on their shopping trip... to Anne Summers.

5. Although everyone is very friendly, I can't quite shake the sneaking feeling that I'm just not quite 'getting it'. I feel like Edward Woodward in The Wicker Man. The people are super nice, but I'm pretty sure eventually I'm going to be set on fire.

6. The women of Halifax are slimmer and more attractive than my trips to Brum had led me to expect. I thought the further you got from London, the worse it got. Turns out Birmhingham is the epicentre, and things improve as you travel away in any direction.

7. I went to a club on Thursday and ordered a double vodka and tonic, a girl drink (it was blue, I think) and an orange juice. It came to a total of £2.80. Seriously.

8. There is no cinema in Halifax. Shocking.

9. I'm pretty sure I saw the little Chinese guy from the Halifax adverts (you know, those awful ones where apparently real staff do a song and dance) in the office the other day.

10. No sign of Howard yet though.

That's all for now folks. Hope you're all well and having fun without me. Oh, and come to my party on the 24th.

P

1 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Chris Moreton said...

You shouldn't fear it. We all have to get set on fire in the end - it's just part of the cycle of life. Oh, no, sorry that's death.

Well, you know what they say "Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home