Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

alright, alright

OK, I have a few seconds before going to sleep and straight back to work, so some more gems from my life in the North...

1. Days in new apartment, 8. Days with fully working heating and hot water, 3. Visits from British Gas, 2. Moments of despair that we'll ever have a working boiler, countless.

2. No, still no heat or hot water, but thanks for asking.

3. Why don't we complain to our landlord? He a rugby player. Specifically, a professional rugby player. Specifically, a professional player of rugby league, which is harder than posh people rugby. Specifically, a prop, which is one of the hardest positions in the harder-than-posh-people-rugby. Specifically, a prop for Wigan, one of the best teams in the country (3rd in the league, I'm told), oh and Great Britain.

What I'm trying to get at is that he's massively huge and really hard, so we're afraid to complain.

4. Just kidding, he's actually really nice and is working on sorting the boiler issue. And he came out and changed our lighbulbs at the weekend. In order to top that, Dean says he's going to get a flat and have Michael Owen bleed his radiator.

5. Quote of the week, after a waitress was convinced I was gay, because I was wearing something wildly flambouyant (it was, as I recall, a shirt), "Maybe I could be t'friend that helps bring you out of the cupboard."

I'm pretty sure she meant closet, but who can say for sure?

6. Astonishingly, there is a lap dancing club in Halifax. No cinema, but a lap dancing club. Jeez.

7. So I popped into the lap dancing club on Sunday. I got a dance from both the girls who were working, had a nice chat and came home. As a result, I now know there is nothing funnier than an accent that is Phillipino by way of Huddersfield.

8. Took Deano round all the hot nitespots of Da Fax on Saturday. They were both pretty good, but the highlight was the Barracuda bar - house music drumming repetitively away which, when you first go in, isn't too bad, then suddenly you realise you've got a splitting headache and want to kill someone.

It was like being beaten to death with a toffee hammer.

Right, that's all you're getting for now. Stop moaning and come to the party on Saturday eh?

Love you all, long time.

5 Comments:

At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Barry said...

Now that you've mentioned Filipino ladies and the rugby chap, all I can think about is Ting Tong from Little Britain. It’s given me a groinal swelling.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Nerd Evolved said...

didn't realise only gay men wear shirts in Halifax. do the straight guys just wander the streets barechested?

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Peter The Great said...

It's all about hoods and tee shirts Norman.

Although I'll admit there was an element of pink to the shirt i was wearing at the time.

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do have a fairly flowery line in shirts, it must be said. Liable to misinterpretation. You're not in swinging cosmopolitan London now, sport.

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Barry said...

I'm taking it that the term "metrosexual" would be greeted with blank faces.

Joking(?) apart, how much are you going to have to change your routines to rouse a titter from Bubba and co.?

Let me put it another way. Will your present act get you killed? If so, can I have the rights to the unfinished history masterpiece? And the shirts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home