Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Friday, July 03, 2009

Oooh, biscuits

I was at an Important Business Meeting today (technically a workshop).

As is traditional, a plate of biscuits was provided. But this time, they were individual packets of delicious shortbread and Kit Kats.

Now I think we all know what this means. Yes, pockets full of hygenically sealed biscuits stolen for later consumption.

But, being all professional and such, I held off from stuffing my suit with deliciousness during the meeting itself.

Instead, I kept one wary eye on the plate, hoping against hope that there would be bounty to plunder at the meeting's end.

And lo! There was indeed a harvest to be had. Hurrah!

But just as most of the other attendees had left and I began a casual saunter towards my prize, I was intercepted by an Important Client who had some things to say.

A lot of things to say, as it turned out, which kept me nodding, agreeing and 'uh-huh'ing just long enough to watch, out of the corner of my eye, as the catering people wandered in and removed first the dirty cups, then the teaspoons and finally, yes, my biscuits.

I think I may have cried a little bit.

3 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Lucia said...

Ahh, poor you. See where restraint gets you?? You should have said something to that Important Client like "Hey, it's just great to catch up with you - mind if we walk and talk?" and then headed towards the biscuits. Then, picking up the plate and offering him a biscuit (which he won't take becasue he's busy saying important things), all the while nodding and uh-huhing, you casually continue to usher him out of the room, while simultaneously tipping the biscuits into your briefcase/pockets/pants when his back is turned. Job done.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Barry said...

I couldn't have that.

You should have attacked the Important Client with a large, Stilson wrench concealed about your person and then scarpered with the biscuits.

The dirty bastard.

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Miss T said...

Ah.. reminds me a moment of shame during a leadership skills course at a swanky country house hotel.

We were secretly filmed coming into the room to see how we interacted / who was the daddy, but sadly it also revealed that I was the only one scoffing the delicious danish pastries (I think I got up to 4). I tell you, it made uncomfortable viewing for me, but seemed to cause much amusement for my co-workers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home