Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, July 20, 2009

Old age arrives

This is a two in one old git post. So bogof.


This week, I got my hair cut. As ever, the dude showed me my hair in a mirror, asked me how it was and I, even though I hated it, said "yes, that's fine".


And then, for the first time ever, he turned to me and said, "Do you want me trim your eyebrows."

Eyebrows! Only old men need their eyebrows trimming surely.

So I said 'no thanks' and went home. And then did them myself.

Fuck.

In other news, I was at my local chicken joint at about half past midnight after a gig and in a poor mood because they'd run out of wings, which are an absolute post-gig must-have food.

So I turn to leave, and there's a small child (I'd guess 12 years old or so) on his bike in the doorway.

Now I wouldn't park my car in someone's hallway, so I suggested, perhaps quite brusquely, that he move his bike.

And the kid then turns on me and starts swearing and threatening me.

Not being in the mood to debate the issue, I picked him up and moved him out of the way (putting him down gently) and continued on my way. With the little shit fighting me the whole time.

So now I feel like a real old curmudgeon, because I'm pretty sure 'in my day' kids had more respect etc etc.

Jeez, it's only a matter of time before I need the nostrils doing too isn't it?

14 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete, call me, I'm worried about you...

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Peter The Great said...

The thing with that is, you have to tell me who you are for me to do that. Don't worry about me though, I'm fine.

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Mads said...

LOve the eyebrow story..A colleague at work was telling me the same story last week, and apparently you really need to start worrying when they offer to tidy up your ears.. Last time I checked you're definitely still young by that measure.

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Brother Mark said...

I get loads of "overenthusiastic" eyebrow hairs now too. Just don't accept anyone's offer to pluck them - there is no greater pain known to man...

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Mads said...

No greater pain, brother Mark? Three words: back, sack and crack. In my experience, bikini wax hurts a whole universe more than eyebrow extraction...

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Lucia said...

Eyebrow plucking doesn't hurt at all! Clearly men do have a much lower pain threshold. A 'hollywood' (i.e. complete lower deforestation)is in a realm of it's own where pain is concerned... so I'm told...

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Barry said...

But why would one do a thing like that?

Surely, the purpose of hairy lady and gentleman parts is to catch detritus for a handy snack during oral sex.

This country...

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Lucia said...

No idea Barry - I've always thought that men who like really skinny women and/or women with no pubic hair clearly have paedophile tendencies.

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Barry said...

I'm in full agreement.

There is nothing like an untamed lady garden to produce a groinal swelling.

Mind you, I'm not averse to hanging around local schools at chucking out time, so now I'm not sure what point I'm making.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Lucia said...

No, you've lost me completely. Still, I don't know you but you sound like a really classy guy.

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Barry said...

Why thank you. I shall take that comment in the spirit in which it was intended!

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Lucia said...

Oh Barry, I meant it. Even though we may have our differences over certain issues, like paedophilia and the attractiveness of Freddie Flintoff...

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Miss T said...

Don't worry about the eyebrows. And well done for putting the arrogant little shit in his place.

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incidentally, I have for a number of years now been absolutely delighted when the barber asks me if I want my eyebrows done. It saves me having to ask.

And do you remember all those times you thought I was spending rather too long in the bathroom at BPT? Well, I wasn't doing what you think I was doing - I was in fact using your nail scissors to do my nose hairs ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home