Bully for them
Strike one for the bulls!A man has been gored to death during the running of bulls in Pamplona. And a Brit at that.
He probably lost some speed because he didn't want to spill his pint.
Normally, I wouldn't make fun of a dead man and he does, after all, have friends and family left behind.
But let's not forget, he chose to run with the bulls and presumably was therefore aware of the slight risk of goring.
In fact, I think the occasional bovine victory adds frisson to the event and makes a nice change in our boringly over-sanitised (Western) world. If it wasn't even slightly dangerous, there really wouldn't be any point in it, would there?
That's not, of course, going to stop people from trying to 'do something'.
A Foreign Office spokeswoman said: "We are aware of the reports and we are urgently investigating."
Investigating? Here, let Inspector The Great take the case...
The dude went to Spain and ran with the bulls. The bulls won.
Case closed. Who's coming to the pub?
And why can I never spell 'occasional' right first time?

4 Comments:
According to the BBC website, the dead man was Spanish - a Brit was gored through the leg but is sadly recovering.
They deserve all they get. Idiots.
Personally, I blame that KGB agent Ernest Hemingway.
repeat after me: 'occasional, occasional, occasional....'
dad
And this is why I thought it was a spectacularly unsuitable choice of a stag do for Mr Pug...
Post a Comment
<< Home