Gym'll fix it
I tried a new joke at the gig last night. It's a brilliant witty number about an old road safety campaign from the telly.Unfortunately it rather fell at the first hurdle.
I said, "You remember that old advert, 'clunk click every trip' right?"
A sea of blank faces looked back. Blank, wrinkle-free faces.
Less than half the room was old enough to remember that campaign that I thought was pretty much general knowledge.
Damn.
In other news, seeing as it is becoming de rigeur to blog one's gym activity, I present:
The quest for fitness: Week 2.
No signs of fitness yet. Some crying though. And a little bit of sick.

4 Comments:
Crying and sick are different to fitness??!
Bugger.
Also, wiki tells me "Clunk Click Every Trip" was the slogan of a series of British public information films [...] commencing in January 1971.
Even *you* weren't alive then...
Oh. But then it went on until '93. You might have been alive then. I will endeavour to read my cross-referencing fully before commenting. Ho hum.
Yes, similar on the exercise front. Apart from I had the added 'zing' of nearly causing my horse to fall over today - luckily we both escaped major damage this time, just a light crash into a wall.
Post a Comment
<< Home