Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Feelin' hot hot hot

Gosh, it's warm eh?

Fortunately I'm working from home which, as soon as the temperature tops 24 degrees, translates roughly as 'in my pants'. Which is nice.

Yesterday, it was that temperature where it's fine and the ambient heat was tolerable, as long as you sat very, very still and didn't move a single muscle.

I attempted to go to the gym at one point, but the second I started to change into shorts, the exertion left me sweating like Michael Jackson's personal physician, so I gave up.

I then attempted to read a book, but the motion of my eyes across the page was also enough to cause beads on the forehead, so that was out as well.

Apparently the brain can generate quite a lot of heat too, but that didn't seem to be a problem for me, for some reason.

Plus every time I crossed my legs or rested a hand on my thigh, the skin-on-skin insulation caused immediate slippery sweatiness.

So I ended up spending hours lying in a star shape on the sofa, staring fixedly into the middle of the room, where a brace of bluebottles zig-zagged in crazy circles for no apparent reason.

Meanwhile, Andy Murray played several sets of tennis and continued in his quest to become Wimbledon champion.

And I wonder why I haven't succeeded more in my life.

What are you doing to beat the heat? Any tips gratefully received.

5 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Barry said...

I had a professional (Daikin) air-con unit with external heat pump fitted about three years ago in my study at home. Cost a fortune, never really used it. It is massively overpowered for the room size.

Sitting here now, with the room at 16C even with the sun beating fully onto the windows, I am minded it was worth every f*cking penny. Thank you God.

In other news, the electro-cautery of my macrocomedones (that's spots to you) seems to be working. Hurrah!!!

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Lucia said...

My tip is; buy loads of those cold patches that you can get for sports injuries and stick them all over your body. They last for 3 hours and are nice and freezy.

It's along the same lines as using a heat spray in the winter. Remember Withnail... 'let's spray ourselves in Deep Heat and get up against the radiator'

Ah, I miss my student days...

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Mads said...

So, Barry, you are nice and cool, your skin is good and you have a Girlfriend. Life is good, no?!

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Barry said...

Well, the air conditioning and the Comedy Oglet are perfect, but the skin still needs some work. Signs of progress, though.

I'll grant you that the constant urge to administer vicious and prolonged beatings to the lessees seems to have abated... for the moment, at least. That's what the love of a rosy-cheeked cider-loving West Country girl can do to a sub-psychopath. It's well documented in the literature.

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Mads said...

Hurrah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home