Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Friday, May 22, 2009

Total and Utter Madness

It's high time I commented on the anti-gay pronouncements of Miss California because I know you are just dying to hear my opinion.

The problem is, I actually find myself torn on this one.

You see, on the one hand she is entirely wrong, bigoted and unpleasant.

But on the other hand, she is very, very hot.

So now I don't know what to think.

Any suggestions welcome.

Also, thank you so much to Janette PeanutButterandJelly for an awesome time last night, although I still slightly regret not being able to think of something hilarious to do to embarrass you

7 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Lucia said...

Well since you ask, I think she should have gone further to denounce marriage in all its forms - marriage, between anyone, is a stupid idea. That is all.

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Lucia said...

Actually, that isn't all. The woman gave her honest personal opinion. How can that be wrong? You certainly don't have to agree with what she said, but why should she just say what everyone obviously wanted to hear, in order to win a competition?

I actually find it far more interesting that you think it quite reasonable to demean the woman by separating her conscious self - her personality, opinions and intelligence - from her physical appearance in order to see her as a mere object that you can find more acceptable - or 'hot'. Shocking chauvenism.

That really is...all.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger butterfly* said...

If women should be seen and not heard, does it really matter what she thinks? As long as the dinner ends up on the table...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMb8Csll9Ws

I do love little kittens.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Peter The Great said...

Ah Lucia, but therein lies the humour, you see?

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Barry said...

Hmmm. The concept of beauty pageants itself sits uneasily with me. That might surprise you given that I'm as happy as the next man to look at pictures of women in humiliating, pornographic postures, but there we are.

Barry's tip of the week... don't spend all day drinking strong lager and champagne in the sun if you have to fly the next day. I have just had an appalling 90 minutes in the air!

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Lucia said...

Hello Mr The Great, humour is indeed a many faceted thing; one man's humour is another woman's chauvinism. x

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Mads said...

Lucia, Peter didn't describe her as 'hot', rather as 'very, very hot'. I point this out as the exaggeration neatly highlights the contrast between the ugliness of her homophobic attitudes and her physical beauty (tho' she's not my type)... This is what makes it funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home