Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, May 04, 2009

I've been reviewed

OK, I'll admit upfront that I chatted to the guy and he said "Don't worry, we're never nasty about anyone." so I was quite looking forward to this.

Anyway, here it is...

The 1st comedian tonight had travelled all the way from London and I’m glad he did, enter to the stage Peter Goddard.

A sharp looking, energetic young man took the stage by storm, opening with “What’s Battersea famous for?” and then bounced around subjects including marketing, lies and much much more! Peter’s style and delivery is in a league of its own and I would be very surprised if he doesn’t end up a house hold name. Great job Pete.


He neglects to mention that 2 other comics had travelled all the way from London, in the same car, but I guess being first on has its benefits eh?

Oh, and I bought him a drink too, so that may have influenced the judges a little eh?

In fairness though, I'm very proud of our little band of comics. 3 of us (myself, Jo and Norman) drove together up to the Black Country for our open mic spots and when we got there, discovered that there were only 4 acts and a compere on.

So that made us three quarters of the bill.

Given that I still think of us all as very much beginners in all this, it was a bit of a worry that we essentially had to carry the evening. But you know what? We did it.

I think everyone put in the effort and our contrasting styles worked together well. We managed to go beyong the 5 minute barrier into some solid 10s and everyone in the (small) crowd seemed to have a good night.

So I guess we're available for weddings, Bar Mitzvahs and funerals, if anyone's booking.

4 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger Nerd Evolved said...

It was a blast wasn't it? Everyone had a great time. Think we could make the occasional combo work.... I was a bit embarrassed to put my review up but if it works for you...

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Peter The Great said...

C'mon Norman, how could you not know I'm a brazen self-publicist by now?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder, remember?

It's funny because it's true.

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Mads said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Lucia said...

'Brazen self-publicist'? Nothing wrong with that. As one of my dearest friends often says re self-publicity; If you don't blow your own trumpet, nobody else will. Well, at least I think that's what she was talking about...?

Congratulations on your success - I think you're all very brave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home