Springs eternal
I have arrived in Palm Springs.Admittedly, this is rather later than planned, thanks to a Wig-style error on the booking front. I had not noticed that my flight to Chicago landed at half past seven yet my connecting flight to Palm Springs left just ten minutes later.
Why on earth would they allow such a tight connection schedule?
Simple really. Because the second flight was actually at seven forty the following morning.
oops.
I mentioned this hiccup to the people at American who rather kindly gave me a ticket declaring me a 'Distressed Passenger' which entitled me to a favourable rate at a local hotel. In all honesty, I wasn't feeling too distressed at the time, but a discount is a discount right?
Plus, by the time the hotel shuttle arrived, over an hour later, with me wearing Palm Springs clothes in pretty chilly Chicago, I feel that my distress levels had reached an appropriate level. So everyone was happy.
Then, as it was quite late, the only place open near the hotel where they were still serving food was (and bear in mind this is what the receptionist told me, not something I decided for myself)... Hooters.
Yes, I was literally given no option than to go to Hooters for dinner.
Well that's not quite true. When I arrived there, I sat and had a beer at the bar which was right where all the deep fat fryers were located. The smell of all the deep frying was, frankly, grim, so I ended up just having a couple of beers anyway and going back to the hotel to snatch a few hours disturbed sleep before getting up for the 6am shuttle bus.
Still, jetlag being on my side, it wasn't too hard to get up, and the rest of the trip to Palm Springs went off fine.
And so, I have arrived. The sun is shining, perhaps unsurprisingly, and it's a very quiet suburban area where we are all staying right now.
So what do I do? Run out into the sun to soak up rays and gain a golden tan?
Take a hike into the mountains that surround the town, breathing the fresh Southwestern air?
Swim in the pool at the back of the house?
No, I sit in the darkened living room blogging. For you.
You lucky people.
Right, time for a nap and to prepare for tonight, wherein I shall endeavor to whip up some scandal.
Toodles.

2 Comments:
Don't use us as your excuse for your desire to hide away from the sunlight. A vampire story would be far more believable, even given your preference for being a werewolf.
Actually, are the two mutually exclusive? Werewolves and vampires I mean - sunlight and vampirism are pretty much of the blackboard-writing utensil and coagulated casein variety.
Good to hear you've not turned into a wrinkley yet anyway, as demonstrated by the distinct lack of reference to 'in your day', 'younguns' and the like. I thought it'd be catching out there x
Splendid. I fully expect alcohol-fuelled high jinx that will make me, Dr Barrington Terror, proud!
Mmmm. Hooters - "Making buns look good for years". Ripe melons and the almost overwhelming subconscious urge to wait outside afterwards and re-enact scenes from "Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer". Happy days.
By the way, I’ve got some more corking Fritzl jokes for you to work into your routine on your return. You can add them in the rape section.
Post a Comment
<< Home