Return to the Springs
So, a short flight (from the scheduled airport, at the time I expected, for a nice change) and I was back in Palm Springs.Gordon and Dave had very kindly said they would meet me at the airport and give me a lift back.
So imagine how pleased I was to see them, waiting at the airport, especially when the first words they said were 'we're going to a bar' (so far so good) 'and you've got to catch up, because we're already drunk' (hmmm, not so good).
And so it was, we went to a bar (where I managed to convince everyone that a cab would be better than taking the car any further - gosh I'm responsible) and drank.
Unfortunately, they had 'live' music from a group of elderly gentlement who looked and sounded like a discount version of the Eagles. Mind you, most of the men in Palm Springs tended to look like that (although there was a sub-group of Harley riders who chose the 'Kenny Loggins in a leather vest' approach).
So we went to another bar for some more drinks.
And then another bar. This one had the distinction of having a drag show on as entertainment. It was my first drag show and I have to report that, after the initial novely of 'blimey, that's a bloke' wears off (about 5mins), it's actually quite tedious. Bring back Saucy and the burlesque girls, that's what I say.
So after another drink, and another bar, and another drink, it was home to nurture a goodly sized hangover for the next day.
Which, along with the general exhaustion I was feeling from the trip in general, and the gazillion degree heat that had enveloped Palm Springs, causing my brain to melt, is the reason that most of the next day was spent lying very, very still.
After a sedate dinner with Spicy Mexican, I went home for an early night.
Can you tell we're nearing the end? It's all getting a bit tired and sedate isn't it?
Well, there's not much to add actually, just that I'd like to thank all you lovely people who helped me along the way, San Fran Sabrina, The Spicy Mexican, Desert Rose, SaucyBroad (get well soon love), Alan, Gordon and the rest of the lovely gay chaps, Mark (who started the whole thing), Mum and Dad and, erm, the academy for voting for me for... no hang on, that's an Oscar speech.
Sorry. Point being, adventures like the ones I've enjoyed are only possible with people like you.
So thank you, everyone.
And thank you lot too, for reading. It's been a pleasure sharing the good times with you.
p x

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home