Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, April 13, 2009

Parking

So I didn't have to drive around shouting her name after all. There was an email address on the paper too so we arranged to meet for lunch.

We met up at the restaurant and had a drink and I suggested we take the bike to Joshua Tree national park.

Sadly, she was wearing a dress and didn't think she could ride in that. But awesomely, she had some jeans in her car and I offered to lend her a shirt back at the house.

So rather amusingly, I took her home to meet my mother. Bit odd, but I did like her willingness to go on an unexpected adventure with a stranger. That or she was a serial killer and I was about to give my own murderer a ride to a desolate, sparsely populated desert. Hmm.

Anyway, we hop on the bike and head off towards the park. The roads to and around the park were lovely and cruising the streets in the sun with a hot Mexican chick on the back made me feel like the coolest motherfucka in town, which in fairness, I probably was as everyone else in town is over 50.

Joshua Tree park was quite beautiful and we took a hiking trail, where my date decided to tell me about the two (TWO!) times she was stung by scorpions.

What is it about people in this country and their desire to share bug-based horrors stories?

And can anyone explain why whenever I thought the name "Joshua Tree" I could only hear it in my head spoken by the voice of Paul Gambaccini?

After we hiked back and headed back to town for a couple of drinks before the Spicy Mexican had to return home.

So we had a shot of tequila. Of course, in this country a 'shot' is not a carefully measured mouthful of booze, but actually pretty much a glassful.

So by the time we'd had three of these things, i reckon we'd put back about a quarter bottle of tequila each. Nice.

And then, at the end of the night, it occurred to me that I don't actually have a room in the house. "Why don't you come back to my sofa,"" just doesn't really cut it does it? Especially not when you add "I'm sure my Mum won't mind."

It was, though, a fantastic day. Thanks Spicy Mexican.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home