Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Sunday, April 19, 2009

On a mission

OK, so I managed to recover enough energy yesterday to get over to a nightclub for a burlesque show.

That's right. It was pretty awesome too. The theme was a South American dictatorship (yeah, sounds like fun I know, but it was very cool) and I went along to see SaucyBroad (from the internet) as she was part of the show.

The club itself was in one of those areas (South of Market) which is common to a lot of cities. Kind of industrial wasteland-y, but with a scattering of nightclubs around the place. I guess the rents are cheap so it's easier to survive or something.

Anyway, I felt pretty bad because I was so tired from previous debauching that I couldn't really enjoy the place as much as I would like to have.

In other words, I fell asleep.

Now that's no way to behave when nice ladies are taking their clothes off for you, although also something of an achievement considering the very loud music they were playing at the time.

Still, I managed to stay with it for the main act I was there for, although instead of hanging around to meet her, I slipped away to get an early night.

When I got home at 2am having only had several beers, I began to realise quite the extent to which this trip has shifted the standards of a 'quiet night' for me.

Gawd knows what's going to happen when I get back.

Today though, I was refreshed and invigorated and headed off in the morning to the museum of comic art.

They had a Watchmen exhibit on, featuring a bunch of props from the movie as well as original artwork. I won't bore you all with what a geek I am, but I will observe what an odd feeling it was to be looking at lifelike versions of objects I was intimately familiar with, but from a comic.

In other words, my already fragile grasp on the difference between fantasy and reality took a pretty sever knock. So I'm going out tonight with my pants over my trousers to fight crime.

After that, I met up with someone I met here. She's a pretty typical American, in that she's half Iranian, quarter irish and quarter Phillipino (note to all you budding eugenecists, this is a combination that merits further research and perhaps a breeding programme).

We went to the Mission neighbourhood (SF is divided into pretty distinct areas, most of which are conveniently within walking distance. Did I mention I love this city).

It was a beautiful day and the park was everything I would hope from San Francisco. There was a dude selling poems to order on the street corner, another dude selling pot to order in the park, gay people, straight people, families, jugglers, chanting yoga people and everyone else you could imagine, all kicking back and enjoying the beautiful weather and the equally beautiful view over the city.

It was wonderful.

1 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Blogger butterfly* said...

I want to be there instead of cold, crappy here. Very jealous of so much of this post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home