Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Salaryman

I have found the least useful page in the history of the web.

I was looking for somewhere to help me calculate the annual salary equivalent of various hourly wages.

You know, I was hoping for something that would help me account for the difference between having sick and holiday pay and not, along with a guide as to how many hours there are in a working year maybe.

Or maybe a nice automated script I could just plug numbers into.

Things were looking positive when I found this page entitled "How to Convert Your Hourly Wage to an Annual Salary"

Just the ticket, I thought.

And this is what it says...

Multiply your hourly wage by the number of hours you work in a day. This is your daily wage.

Step2 Multiply the daily wage by the number of days you work in a week. This is your weekly salary.

Step3 Multiply your weekly salary by 2 to obtain your bi-weekly salary.

Step4 Multiply your bi-weekly salary by 2 again to calculate your monthly salary.

Step5 Multiply your monthly salary by 12 to calculate your annual salary.


Not just entirely useless, it's not even right. Your weekly salary times four is not your monthly salary.

These people.

2 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger butterfly* said...

http://www.salaryconverter.co.uk/

When you read the word 'salary' enough, it starts to sound a lot like celery. What they really need* is a celery converter to calculate just how much of the stuff you could buy based on your wages. A really swish one could automatically look up your nearest celery retailer based on your postcode and incorporate the price and money spent on travel to give a much more accurate and incredibly helpful** estimate. I'm starting to think this could be one of the most successful** business ventures of all time...

* 'really need' may be a minor overexaggeration.
*** 'incredibly helpful' may also be a minor overexaggeration
*** 'most successful' may be another very minorly tiny overexaggeration.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger butterfly* said...

And also, I'm going to disagree with it being the 'least useful page'. There are many more awful ones out there.

http://www.purple.com/purple.html
http://www.puppytummy.com/
http://www.biglongnow.com/

Us internet folk know these things, you see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home