Madeleine Acorah
On Feb 25th of this year, in this very blog, Mads said...Have you noticed how those pictures that are always published in Metro with the 'Look! (Slightly ropey) girls in bikinis! England basks in unseasonably high summer temperatures of 25C' stories that appear every year are always taken in Bournemouth? Now we know why: they're revising for their surfing degrees.
Et voila.
Although I guess it's still a little chilly for bikinis, but otherwise, startlingly accurate.
Any news on the Derby winner yet Mads?
Personally, I'm still mystified as to how 'Spring arrives, weather gets warmer' consitutes news, but what do I know?
And whilst we're on the subject of psychics, I can't remember if I've shared this with you before, but it's my personal favourite story of psychic skills gone wrong.
If you can't be arsed to click, it's the story of the psychic who was tied to the chair before summoning spirits to magically lift a luminous trumpet from the table in an otherwise darkened room.
At least, darkened right up until the point someone turned all the lights on, to reveal our psychic clearly stood in the middle of the room, holding up the trumpet.
Oops.
Now, you or I might conclude from this evidence that the psychic in questions was, well, a fraud.
But that merely shows the inadequacy of our thought processes. For the Noah's Ark Society, who seem to be quite keen on all this stuff being true, have a rather different view of the event...
the deception was the work of an intruding entity, "who should not have been able to gain entry," and that no conscious fraud was perpetrated by either the organisers or the medium.
In other words, a naughty ghost made him do it.
Brilliant.

5 Comments:
"Helena Flood and Kelly Levell, both 20..."
I don't know about you, but they look far from "slightly ropey" to my depraved, sex-starved mind. They would certainly be welcome in the Hotel Manners!
Ha! I love to be right. (So much so that I will overlook the fact that you mis-spelt me..)
Anyway, not sure if the Derby winner was a Goddard-ian lucky guess, or whether you heard the glad tidings from Mr Pug, but my brilliant system (pick the names that I liked from the Guardian sports pages) did win the Pug household a considerable sum at Cheltenham last week. Hurrah!
And he would have got away with it if it hadn't been for those pesky kids...!
It was a Goddard-ian lucky guess Mads. I had no idea you were even in 'nam. But now you've proven your skills, how about a heads up on the lottery eh?
This comment has been removed by the author.
Post a Comment
<< Home