Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Concrete bull

I have returned.

From whence? I hear you ask (courtesy of the voices in my head).

From Milton Keynes.

That's right, I have spent two days in workshops (ie drinking coffee and telling people that yes, the software does exactly what you want in every shape and form and did I mention that I'll be gone in two weeks) in The Kenyes.

I must say, it's an odd place. The roads are wide and parking plentiful, which seems like a good thing, but ends up look like an incredibly characterless middle American city.

It is beige chinos in town form.

It is Radio 2 in concrete and tarmac.

It is like something else really, really bland. (Sorry, ran out of ideas).

And there only seems to be one road that runs from the station to, well, I don't know where, Luton, perhaps. Every time we stopped someone and asked for directions, it was just 'keep going'.

Anyway, after stopping for a pint in a Wetherspoons (which perfectly illustrated the term 'lager warehouse') Comedy Jo and I (for she was, coincidentally, also on a course in Milton Keynes that day) asked for somewhere nice to go.

We were directed to the Theatre District.

How does one know when they have arrived at the Theatre District in Milton Keynes? Quite simply, for they have put up a big sign saying 'Theatre District'.

Bit literal, but ok.

And it was at this upmarket location that we found a Slug and Lettuce AND a TGI Fridays.

Which apparently is what passes for 'somewhere nice to eat' in the Keynes.

Alright then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home