Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, February 02, 2009

Snow place like home

It's dropped about three inches of snow overnight and the world has been transformed into a winter wonderland.

It's quite beautiful.

All the kids in the neighbourhood are out in the road, bundled up so they're just little blobs of insulation and waterproofing, laughing and playing and running around in apparently aimless circles, like kids do.

If you can watch them and not smile, you need help.

The only downside is that I'm such a freak, I can't walk on snow.

Well, I can physically, but the sensation of snow scrunching underfoot gives me shivers like fingernails down a blackboard.

So now I'm a hostage in my own home. I'm going to be forced to stay in, watching TV, reading and surfing the net.

Yeah, big change, right?

Also, a massive thank you to all of you who came out to the gig on Saturday. I had a great time and appreciate the support.

Good times.

3 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger balletwho...? said...

Wet wood. That's my fingers/blackboard shudder moment. Sympathies.

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I believed the explanation about the 'slippy boots'- didn't realise that your inappropriate footwear was a handy cover for an unusual phobia...

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So horses riding past you as you walked through the snow - I'm guessing that would make you pretty tense?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home