Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, February 23, 2009

Once again

Well done to Sean Penn getting an Oscar for his role in Milk.

Mind you, that movie was really Oscar-friendly. Because Oscar really loves a true-life uplifting story.

And he really loves a gay man leading role.

Just as long as that same gay man dies in the end eh?

Seriously, am I mistaken, or has any Oscar-winning gay role ever actually survived to the end credits?

Answers on a postcard please.

2 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mate, actually you can. Take it from a lawyer. Think about it, if you write it down then you can copyright it. But don't take my work for it, this is what the Intellectual Property Office says on the subject:

'There is no copyright in speech unless and until it is recorded. If your speech is recorded, either in writing or by other means such as by electronic means, then the words of your speech will be protected as a literary work.'

Here's the link: http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/copy/c-applies/c-spokenperf.htm

I write my gags down before I perform them, this makes them subject to copyright. So yes, your gags can be copyrighted and you should do so.

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re oscar winning films featuring gay people that live till the end of the film. Technically, I suppose Philadelphia qualifies. Tom Hanks won the Oscar for playing a lawyer dying of Aids. He dies literally at the end of the film so I guess you could argue he made it to the end.

Norman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home