Don't read this one, it's rubbish
It is a measure of how divorced I am from the realities of life that I did not realise it was pancake day yesterday.Well, I’m not a religious man, as you know, but I do like to toss, so I have missed what should have been a day of great celebration for me.
Nevertheless, it rather made me think about the bubbles which we all of us inhabit and, unconsciously, find ourselves feeling are representative of the rest of the world.
It seems likely that my friends that are parents have difficultly remembering that there are those of us who do not know the names of each individual Tweeny. And I for one am always surprised when I take a day off work and wander round the streets only to discover there are loads and loads of people wandering around.
“Who are you people?” I find myself wondering, “and why are you not at work?” And in thinking that exact thought, I remind myself that there are many more ways of being than that which I experience and I would be well advised to keep that in mind.
And then I catch an episode of Jeremy Kyle and I realise “Actually, forget that. Pretend you never saw this and that these idiots don’t really exist.”
Sorry this isn’t very funny. I’m tired.
Have a joke instead…
I met a guy the other day. He was a big chap with a beard, wearing a leather vest and ‘I love men’ tattoed on his bicep. We got to chatting and he told me he was suffering from manic depression. He was a bipolar bear.
Ha! That’s rubbish innit?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home