Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Friday, January 23, 2009

Woo woo

I have put up a profile on a dating/social/timewasting site called OK Cupid (it's free. And it's fun. Like kicking puppies).

One of the features of this site is the 'woo'. The idea is that you see a profile you like and with a single press of the button, they'll know you're interested.

So today, the site sent me a mail…

[someone] just wooed you! Uncanny.

Maybe you should check out his profile.


Did you spot the key word that seems a little out of place there? HIS profile?

Yes. My admirer is a 39 year old father of two in Kenya.

Oh yeah, and his favourite book is the bible, and the first of six things he could not do without is 'praying'.

Now I like to pray as much as the next man. And by pray, I mean masturbate. And I'm assuming the 'next man' is a prisoner in solitary... Sorry, I'm drifting.

Anyway, point is the Kenyan dude is just a tad outside of my requirements, so I will be contacting him. Sorry Kenyan dude.

I have to admit though, I have learned to love the woo thing. I’ve only done it once, but when clicking the button, I was under the impression that I was sending a delicate and slightly old-fashioned message to a lady… “I would like to woo you. Let’s go a-courting.”

But now, having received one, I realise that in a received message, the ‘woo’ reads more like someone showing excitement in a sarcastic way. As in, “Yay! Woo. This is fun… not!”

I fear my wooing career is at an end.

But at least I had a wooing career. What a full life I have lived.

1 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyway, point is the Kenyan dude is just a tad outside of my requirements, so I will be contacting him. Sorry Kenyan dude.

Are you sure this is quite what you meant to write? Sorry indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home