Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

Take heart

Tony Hart has passed away. What a shame. I mean, obviously, he had to die at some point, and 83 years old is, as they say, a good innings. But such a shame that the new generation of young ‘uns won’t have that kindly, grey haired avuncular chap teaching them to draw.

I once drew a picture and submitted it to the gallery. It was never shown on telly, perhaps because it was, to the trained artistic eye, shit.

I never blamed you Tony. Never.

To this day I have fond memories of following Mr Hart’s every stroke of the pen as he drew seemingly random lines upon a piece of paper. The lines and squiggles would remain a mystery to me, still following his moves on my own piece of paper, until that miraculous final swish of the pen which revealed a drawing of a dolphin leaping out of the ocean.

And keenly, excited, with my own pen I would make that same swish to reveal, drawn by my own hand… a mass of squiggles on a page.

How did he keep doing that?

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often wondered what might happen if Morph ambled too close to an open oven door. Would he melt, or set solid like clay?

Also, Morph could presumably control the dimensions of his own bell-end, which must have made him popular with the lady plasticine people. Whores, the lot of 'em.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home