Electile dysfuntion
Is it just me or is it just rather difficult to get excited about the Glenrothes by-election after the razzle dazzle of the Obama show on Tuesday?I mean really, after the glitter cannons, stirring brass bands and thousand dollar clothing budgets, suddenly one dour Scot bickering with another dour Scot in the rain just doesn't cut it.
But then again, let's face the fact that we'd be crap at doing glamourous US-style politics anyway. Ruth Kelly in a thousand dollar suit would just look like a schoolboy who'd been shoplifting in Prada. And Gordon Brown smiling at a crowd of people just comes across as a vampire examining the buffet. And as for the electorate, they're British. We just don't do enthusiasm.
Right, that's it for now, sorry it's been a bit of a slow blogging week. I'll try to make it up to you at the weekend.
Oh, and I had a great gig last night. Which was rather surprising as I wasn't actually booked in anywhere, but I went to see the mighty Jo Ogden and one of the other acts hadn't shown up.
Hurrah!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home