Board meeting
Apparently Ridley Scott, director of cult classic Blade Runner has decided to make a movie version of... Monopoly.That's right. In a move which, it seems to me, is likely to put the 'bored' into 'board game' (hmm, that really doesn't work written down does it?) he's going to film the classic game.
Presumably the film, like the game, will last six and a half hours and begin with a massive row over what role exactly is played by the 'free parking' space.
Or maybe it could be like the Shawshank Redemption.
Hat: "I first met Shoe in the yard, kicking the dust and recalling his former life on the outside."
Shoe: "I won second prize in a beauty competition! I coulda been a contender I tells ya! But then they sent me here. Those damn dirty screws wouldn't even let me pass Go."
Hat: "But it wasn't long before life behind bars really began to take its toll."
Shoe: "Dammit Hat. I can't take it any more. How much longer am I going to have to... oh hang on, double four. See ya, sucker!"
It does make you wonder doesn't it? What other games are out there, just waiting for the movie treatment (and come to think of it, they've already done Cluedo haven't they?). And what would be their taglines?
Michael Bay presents... Buckaroo, the movie - get ready to kick ass!
Mousetrap, by David Lynch - the diver knows why
Snakes and Ladders on a Plane - an Alan Smithee film
R NIght Shyamalan's Rubik's Cube - There's always a twist at the end.
OK, I'll leave you with that. See you later.
P

1 Comments:
Very good on the M Night.
I recently saw The Happening - I was on a plane, that's my excuse. It's worth watching purely for the comedy bad acting - particularly of the extras. Each person has a standard 'shocked' gesture which they repeat at will. Once you notice, you can't stop watching for it.
But I digress. You're funny.
Post a Comment
<< Home