Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Starr burst

So Ringo Starr is no longer signing autographs because he is 'too busy'.

I love this video so much.

"Peace and love, peace and love."

A good start I think. He loves us. He wants peace. Now on to the meat.

"After the 20th October do not send fan mail to any address that you have."

OK, so he's telling us he's going to stop signing stuff. Fair enough, he's perfectly entitled to do that.

But why the 20th October? I'm intrigued as to what makes that the cut off date. And what's this 'any address you might have' thing? Is there a thriving underground scene of people swapping possible Ringo Starr addresses?

"I've got a hot lead. It's a bed sitter in Huddersfield, but it came from a guy who knows a guy who knows a postman and he's certain it's Ringo's place."

Then he goes on... "I'm warning you with peace and love."

Ok, he really doesn't want us to think he's a bad guy, so although he's warning us (and let's face it, he really doesn't have to 'warn' us, he could just tell us), he is doing it with peace and love.

The hippy dream lives on. All you need is love. And a ten bedroom mansion in LA, apparently.

And then, the reason for the end of the autographic affair.

I've too much to do.

Too much to do? What's he up to? Has he signed up to night school for basket making? A lot of good work for charity? Or are there just a lot more Thomas the Tank engine episodes in the pipeline?

Personally, I like to think that Ringo has taken to donning a pair of underpants over his trousers and stalking the streets at night, fighting crime a la Batman. And like Bruce Wayne before him, he has discovered that a double life just doesn't leave time for fan correspondence.

And then, the end, and I really love this bit. Having broken the bad news, he does this 'er.. anyway' thing and sounds exactly like someone leaving a voicemail message, before tossing off another couple of (frankly half-hearted) 'Peace and Loves'.

And then, with that shocking announcement, he was gone.

So come on people, if you want that Ringo autograph you've been longing for, you have 4 days left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home