Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Snippet

Conversation had with security staff at Edinburgh airport...


"Sorry, you have to put your toiletries in a clear bag, such that we can see both sides of them."

"What, these toiletries?"
(holds up large bag of bottles and such).

"Yes."

"The ones we just unpacked and you looked at individually, bottle by bottle?"

"Yes."


"So someone else is going to look at this bag later right?"

"No."

"So we have to throw some of our bottles of stuff away so that we can pack them such that you can see both sides of bottles you've already seen both sides of out of the bag?"

"Yes."


Aaarrgh. And they tried, once again, to steal the souvenirs I had purchased. But not this time, Johnny Airport. This time, I'm checking it in.

How d'ya like me now?

Oh, and after the toiletries drama, I noticed when I got home I had left 2 razors in the bag.

So I guess I could have taken the plane over and forced it to land in Libya after all.

4 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Privat Eye last week there was a very worrying/amusing story about a woman who had her tweezers or similar confiscated on a flight in the Antipodes by over-jealous security staf. When she got on the plane, she could smell a strong petrol odour which seemed to be emanating from the overhead locker. The source was revealed to be a chainsaw. Security staff had not confiscated it as it wasn't on the list of things identified as dangerous.

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear- fat fingers at work. Apologies for the typos.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'I'm checking my stuff in- how d'ya like me now' actually came out as 'give us our stuff back so we can go home you cock munchers' as I recall...
FG.

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which, in my opinion, was a much more appropriate response under the circumstances.
FG.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home