Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, July 07, 2008

Not Landing

There is a small hallway between the front door of our house, and the respective upstairs and downstairs flats within.

The front door can be double locked with a yale and mortis lock, for security against the thieving yahoos who call themselves our local community.

The 'inner' door has just a Yale lock.

You know the difference between a Yale and a mortis lock? The Yale one can be opened from the inside without a key and can click locked behind you as you walk out.

The mortis lock, on the other hand, requires a key to either unlock or locked.

Can you see where I'm going withh this?

That's right, I managed to exit my flat door, which locked before me just as I realised I had left my keys upstairs.

So I was locked in the little hallway this morning. A prisoner of my own stupidity.

Thanks for the rescue Frances.

4 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet again you taunt me with the stuff of my nightmares. Actually I am quite a namby-pamby aren't I.

I suppose if you had your phone it's less panic-inducing.

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to be of assistance. It could have got quite uncomfortable if you had to wait until the Pugs got home. You would have started to get hungry/ thirsty or worse needed a wee or even worse a number 2...
FG

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Peter The Great said...

yes, I'm sure I could have weed out of the letterbox or something, but it's not how one would prefer to spend one's day is it?

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you say that...

Given the choice of sitting in a pile of my own faeces in your lobby or dealing with my lessees, I'll go for the faeces anytime.

Maybe it's just a question of perspective. Perhaps you need to adopt a more Confucian attitude towards soiling yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home