Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bee Movie

Review:

Just watching Bee Movie right now.

Yes, it's an animated film for children, but really, haven't the amazing things Pixar done taught these people anything.

Even when doing a show about a rat who cooks for people, you believe in the rat because he sort of acts ratty, by and large.

Bee Movie though dispenses entirely with any bee-ness at all. He talks English, tries to sue the honey industry on behalf of all the bees without raising any eyebrows with the discovery that bees can speak perfect English.

And then, just as you think it can't get any weirder, the bee kind of starts having an affair with the main human female.

"He's just a bee, and he happens to be the nicest bee I've met in a long time."

Our verdict - Don't watch it.

Meanwhile, Dark Knight and Wall-E are brilliant. Go see them.

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you think Dark Knight was brilliant? I thought it was OK but the plot development seemed a little bit 'jumpy'. And there was too much 'Patrick Bateman' in Christian Bale's performance.

But then I had been up drinking whisky in Edinburgh until about 01:30 in the morning and then got a 06:30 flight back to London and put in a full day in the office, so it's possible that my critical faculties were somewhat impaired by the time it got to the late showing at the Electric. Wall-E may have been more appropriate viewing under the circumstances.

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm I have to say I agree with Mandarin Orange. Also, I kept thinking we were leading to resolution only to see more frantic running around.

Still - good Sunday afternoon entertainment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home